ordio_enjinn began in the summer of 2005, with the aim of creating an event for people interested in experiencing new and innovative electronic arts. As well as myself, the team behind ordio_enjinn included Michael Bunce, Jules Shapter, Alex Searle & Matt Petch.
Our creative vision was to incorporate VJ performers, audio visual artists, film makers and electronic musicians, in the pursuit of an entertaining multimedia experience.
We ran a series of events from the summer of 2005 through to January 2007, at the Offside Bar in Islington, The Grey Horse, Kingston, and Ginglik. Shepherds Bush.
A compilation CD was released in January 2006, entitled ‘devolution to the frontline’, which featured artists that had performed with us, primarily at the Offside Bar. The tracks featured were:
- Vinyl Matt – Drillin’
- Michael Bunce – Mediom Wave
- Rebecca Closure – I Kin Break Yah
- Sub5 – reten:digit
- Alan Lemon – Burnished Nut Brulee
- Hot Roddy – Acappella
- Autodog – Black Hearted Vision
- Toys – The Lesson
- Les 7 Mondes – A La Rencontre Des Aliens
- The Rules – True Commando
- Summer Holiday – It’s All Brand New
- Eclectrica – Felix (live)
- Rashamon – Every Home Becomes A Western
- Ninki V – Speak Easy
- DrBolus & The Sultan of Strings – Martian Seaside